It’s not every day that we need to choose and install a new fan in our houses and for this reason that can be quite a tricky DIY task. Don’t be afraid, Electricpoint is here to help you!
First of all, let’s talk about buying a new fan. There are lots of brands in the market with very different price ranges, but the truth is that very few of them have the same performance as the Vent-Axia.
Vent-Axia has been on the market since 1936. Yes, we are talking about 80 years of history, which started with the invention of the first electrically-operated window ventilator and nowadays has the ultimate technology in fans like in the Lo Carbon Silhouette range or the Lo Carbon Tempra range.
The Lo Carbon Tempra range is a great option if you are looking for a single room heat recovery unit. This product was designed to keep your house fresh and also save money via its low energy consumption unique technology.
Decided on the best option for you? Great, so let’s move on to the installation.
Before going to the trouble of getting an electrician in, follow these steps:
- Make sure you turn off the energy in the area of the house you will be working. – This is VERY important;
- Take down the current fan
- Use a voltage tester to position the probe between – Live and Neutral, Live and Switched Live, and run a continuity test
- Undo the wires and pull the fan out
- Position your Vent-Axia fan in the position that you want it and mark with a pencil where you want your fixing holes;
- Drill the holes and push a ball plug into each of the holes;
- Get your fan in position and pop the screws in;
- Replace the Live, Neutral and Switched Live and start connecting the wires by the Live;
- Adjust the fan speed and put the cover back on.
If you are unsure about any of those steps, you can watch the video below, which contains all the instructions for a successful installation of your Vent-Axia fan:
Still not comfortable with going through this process by yourself? Give it a call to our partner aspect.co.uk , as they are specialists in property care maintenance and can definitely give you a hand.
In your next article, we will be teaching you how to install USB sockets, one of the greatest things that you could have at your place. Stay tuned!