Surge Protection Devices
Surge Protection Devices (SPD’s) are now required on properties that fail a risk assessment as part of the 18th Edition Regulation. The intended use for SPD's is on the load side of the overcurrent device, we sell a few options solutions to assist with the compliance.
- Modular surge protection devices consumer unit mounted where space permits.
- Stand alone isolator switches combined with a surge protection device.
There are two main types of surge protection Type 1 and Type 2:
- Type 1 SPD's - Recommended in industrial and commercial environments, protects against direct lighting strokes.
- Type 2 SPD's - The most common in domestic environments, protects against indirect lightning strokes, stops overvoltage and protects electrical appliances.
If you just need some help, would like to take advantage of our Price Promise & or perhaps have a large order to place. Give our team of professionals a call on 0203 994 5470, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our Contact Form.
- NMT2SPD3W/1 Wylex Miniature SPD Type 2 Single Module NMT2SPD3W/1£59.90 £49.92
- Lewden Type 2 Single Phase Surge Arrester SPD Device SRGT2CU£45.57 £37.97
- Lewden Retrofit Type 2 SPD Unit 32A MCB 100A 2P Main Switch SRG1VCU-RM£79.00 £65.83
- Hager VM02SPD Consumer Unit Type 2 Surge Protection Modular Kit VM02SPD£73.95 £61.62
- Wylex REC2MLSPD Stand Alone Large Isolator Switch Type 2 SPD REC2MLSPD£131.16 £109.30
- Wylex REC2MSPD Stand Alone Metal Isolator Switch Type 2 SPD REC2MSPD£113.90 £94.92
- Wylex REC2SPD Stand Alone Insulated Isolator Switch Type 2 SPD REC2SPD£124.90 £104.08
- Wylex NMRECSPD Stand Alone Metal Isolator Switch Type 2 SPD NMRECSPD£119.00 £99.17