In-Line Extractor Fans
What Size Inline Fan? This is the big question when trying to ventilate any room in the home or workplace. First we need to determine the use. If you need to ventilate a shower room or bathroom for example, then you will need to measure the cubic room size and compare the Inline Fan maximum airflow room rate per hour. This is measured by multiplying the length, width and height of the room, for example a shower room the size of (L)2.5m x (W)2m x (H)2.2m = 11m³. If we compare that with our best selling 4" Manrose Mixed Flow Inline Fan MF100T which has a maximum extraction rate of 245m³, then this means the air within a room will be extracted 23 times in one hour (Max room rate / room size m³), allowing for ample ventilation for multiple showers any time of the day.
A lot of our customers ask are inline fans better than standard wall mounted extractor fans. That depends on your requirements, but Inline fans do have some additional benefits. First of all they are more discreet. Inline fans are installed in lofts or ceiling joist space, meaning the mechanics are out of sight and often also in places where fan noise is less of a nuisance. All you will see from the ventilated room is the duct where air is extracted from. The second biggest advantage is that they are generally more powerful and faster at extracting air, with some inline fans also including a mixed flow feature to create a turbine effect within the ducting, pushing air through the ducting quicker, making these ideal for rooms with heavy shower use, high humidity or with smells that require extraction.
To understand what size inline fan and to work out what ventilation rates are required for your room, see table below.
|Room||Room Rate per hour||Minimum Litres per second|
|Bathroom / Shower Room||15-20||15 L/s|
|Kitchen (If Installed within Cooker Hood or 300mm of Hob)||10-20||30 L/s|
|Utility Room||15-20||30 L/s|
|Download the Ventilation Building Regulations Information here|
- Manrose Inline Extractor Fan with Timer Mixed Flow MF100T MF100T£52.79 £43.99
- Manrose Inline Fan 4 Inch Mixed Flow Extractor MF100S MF100S£49.35 £41.12
- Envirovent Silent SILMV160/100T 4 Inch Inline Extractor Fan Timer SILMV160/100T£40.18 £33.48
- National Ventilation UMD100T Inline Extractor Fan 4 Inch Timer UMD100T£38.85 £32.37
- Manrose Inline Extractor Fan 4 Inch Centrifugal Timer CFD200TN CFD200TN£43.74 £36.45
- Airflow Aventa AV100T 4 Inch In-Line Extractor Fan Only 9041086£84.99 £70.82
- National Ventilation UMDTKLED Inline Extractor Fan Kit UMD100T UMDTKLED£77.49 £64.57
- Airflow Aventa AV100T In-Line Shower Kit LED Light & Timer 9041408£84.39 £70.32
- Manrose SF100T In-Line Shower Extractor Fan Kit with Timer SF100T£24.58 £20.48
- Vent Axia ACM100 4 Inch Inline Extractor Fan 17104010 17104010£107.75 £89.79
- Vent Axia ACM125 5 Inch Inline Extractor Fan 17105010 17105010£153.79 £128.16
- Vent Axia ACM200 8 Inch Inline Extractor Fan 17108010 17108010£275.97 £229.97
- Vent Axia ACM100T 4 Inch Inline Extractor Fan Timer 17104020 17104020£152.36 £126.97
- Vent Axia ACM150 6 Inch Inline Extractor Fan 17106010 17106010£186.79 £155.66
- Vent Axia ACM150T 6 Inch Inline Extractor Fan Timer 17106020 17106020£228.72 £190.60
- Vent Axia ACM125T 5 Inch Inline Extractor Fan Timer 17104020 17105020£153.79 £128.16
- Vent Axia ACM250 10 Inch Inline Extractor Fan 17110010 17110010£401.54 £334.62
To compliment our inline extractor fans, we also provide a range of Airvents and Ducting to give you a complete solution to bathroom extraction. For our budget version, please take a look at our Manrose Shower Fan.
Other Extractor Fan Ranges:
If you just need some help, would like to take advantage of our Price Promise or perhaps have a large order to place. Give our team of professionals a call on 0203 994 5470, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our Contact Form.