Pod Point Solo 3 S7-2C-3 is a 7kw electric car charger that comes tethered with a 7.5m charging cable. Solo 3 allows you to charge your electric vehicle at home up to 3x faster than with a 3 pin plug and is compatible with any electric vehicle, providing up to 30 miles of range per charging hour.
The Pod Point S7-2C-3 is an upgrade of the previous model Pod point S7 2C 6MA 2, a new and improved more robust and discrete design that is 45% smaller than the Pod Point Solo 2 whilst still retaining all the innovative features.
Protected with auto power balancing, Solo 3 ensures that charging your electric vehicle doesn't cause energy disruption to the rest of your home. By adjusting the charge rate automatically, Solo 3 chargers ensure your home electrical supply doesn't become overloaded if other areas of your home are consuming large amounts of energy. Charging will then automatically return to the fastest rate as more power becomes available. Auto power balancing means that you can continue to use all household appliances as normal and even install and run a second Pod Point Charger for other vehicles.
A coloured light indicates the status of the charger for ease of use, letting users know when their vehicle is charging or fully charged, when the charge point is waiting to start a scheduled charge, identifying a fault and many other indicators.
Solo 3 EV Chargers are Wi-Fi enabled. Connecting your Pod Point to Wi-Fi enables you to access new features, download the latest software and receive remote support.
The Solo 3 EV Charger can be paired with the Pod Point app to provide insights into your charging activity and optimise your energy usage. The app, which is available on iOS and Android also allows you to remotely schedule your charging and download itemised charging reports. The Pod Point App is available to download on App Store and Google Play.
The Solo 3 includes and exceeds all required and “optional” safety features noted in the BS EN 61851-1 standard for electric vehicle charging.
Key Features of Pod Point Solo 3 S7-2C-3 7kW:
- EV car charger for domestic use
- Charge car up to 3 times faster than with a 3-Pin Plug
- Provides up to 30 miles of range per charging hour
- Auto power balancing - Ensures home power supply Is not overloaded
- Wi-Fi enabled - Connect to receive updates, new features and remote support
- Suitable for use with Pod Point App for remotely scheduling charging, downloading charging reports and optimising energy usage
- Includes Type 2 7.5m tethered charging cable with holster
- Vehicle connector: IEC62196-2 (Type 2)
- Single phase
- Maximum power rating: 7kW (30A)
- IP rating: IP54 enclosure
- Input voltage rating: 50Hz
- Operating temperature: -25c to 50c
- Protections: 6mA leakage, over current, PME and failed earth protection
- Socket type: Type 2 with statutory locking mechanism
- Secure connection security: secure data encryption HTTPS with SHA-256 hash algorithm
- Height: 330mm
- Width: 290mm
- Depth: 112mm
- Weight: 6kg
- 3 year warranty
View All Podpoint EV Chargers
View All EV Chargers
View All EV Ultra Cables
Please note: You must be a certified Pod Point domestic installer to fit and commission this unit. To become a certified domestic Pod Point installer, please visit here
If you'd like to find out more about our Pod Point range, take a look at our blog post "Why buy a Pod Point EV Charger?" - It's a comprehensive guide on all of the key features of your EV Charger including how much it costs per charge, specifications, commercial applications and charging speeds. You can also find our handy user guide for setting up your new Pod Point charger in our blog.
We're committed to providing great service for our customers, please view our Reviews page to see up to date feedback from verified Electricpoint customers. All of our reviews are provided directly from Feefo's review website to ensure unbiased, impartial reviews.
Do you need some help, would like to take advantage of our Price Promise or perhaps have a large order to place? If you can't find what you need, we can source it for you by giving our team of professionals a call on 0203 994 5470, drop us an email at email@example.com or use our Contact Form.